Mmm, these are good. I found this recipe and modified it somewhat:
- 1 cup plain, unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup whole, spelt flour
- 2 tbs caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/3 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted
Mix dry ingredients, mix wet ingredients and then mix together. Spoon into mini-muffin cases (approximately 24) or regular (approximately 12). Baked for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2 out of 3 sons approved. You can’t win everything.